Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal to amend SSP draft with a reporting address (fwd)

2007-11-08 17:58:52
Murray,

I'd be really concerned about drinking from this particular firehose, and
most especially the law of unintended consequences.

Maybe rather than proposing a change, it might be more productive to
talk through what the problem actually is? I'm not convinced that random
reports from potentially untrustworthy outsiders is what's wanted here.

      Mike

Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
This time with feeling!  (and the attachment)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 16:13:41 -0800 (PST)
From: Murray S. Kucherawy <msk(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com>
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Proposal to amend SSP draft with a reporting address

At MAAWG someone pointed out that a sender might be interested in knowing when his/her domain is being abused, i.e. if something appears to be Suspicious.

In line with this and having talked to Jim about it, attached is some proposed amended text versus the ssp-01 draft which adds an optional reporting address to be used when the SSP algorithm results in something being labeled Suspicious.

I intend to come up with a subsequent draft that has two purposes:

a) add something similar to DKIM key records;

b) define a format for such reports (i.e. ARF or something similar)

Comments welcome.

--
Murray S. Kucherawy ========================================= msk(_at_)sendmail(_dot_)com Principal Engineer Sendmail, Inc. Emeryville, CA, USA (510) 594-5400 http://www.sendmail.com