Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal to amend SSP draft with a reporting address(fwd)

2007-11-13 20:47:50
+1

 I believe that I was the one that asked for the feedback loop a long time ago.
I like the ARF format.
Not really concerned about it being abused. I have far worse in the
postmaster box just as it is. It is just another tool to help.

Regards,
Damon Sauer

On Nov 10, 2007 1:38 PM, O'Reirdan, Michael
<Michael_OReirdan(_at_)cable(_dot_)comcast(_dot_)com> wrote:
I agree. It would be a massive hassle for us to have to do something else.

Mike O'Reirdan

________________________________

From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org on behalf of John Levine
Sent: Sat 11/10/2007 12:23 AM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal to amend SSP draft with a reporting
address(fwd)

I gather that AOL has something where you (a sender) can sign up to
receive an ARF feed of stuff you are sending that is generating spam
reports.  It's probably a good guess that this or something close to
it is what the big guys are using to share information between
themselves.  (Honestly, I don't know for sure if this is what they do
use, but I assume so.)

AOL, Hotmail, and Earthlink all have feedback loops that return mail
reported as spam in ARF format.  Works great.  (Nothing secret about
this, by the way.)

Largely as an experiment, I've been sending all my spam reports in ARF
for the past year or so.  Other than the occasional ISP who still is
afraid to open attachments, they've been accepted very well, even
without any prearrangement with the recipients.

If you're going to send back reports about messages, via SSP or
otherwise, it'd be nuts to use any format other than ARF.  You might
want to add another couple of items to the report info, but ARF is
designed to be easily extensible.

R's,
John