Re: [ietf-dkim] Mailing lists as 2822-Sender (was: Responsibility vs. Validity)

2007-12-05 12:46:31
On Tue, 4 Dec 2007, ned+ietf-822(_at_)mrochek(_dot_)com wrote:

I don't recall anyone considering using Resent- fields for this until
just now, but I could easily have missed it

I think it's a cute idea, but Resent- fields are an interop nightmare
because the 822 specification is too weak to work in general (e.g. a
sequence of multiple resendings) and the 2822 specification is not
entirely compatible and not widely implemented.

Tony.
--
f.a.n.finch  <dot(_at_)dotat(_dot_)at>  http://dotat.at/
SOUTHEAST ICELAND: CYCLONIC 5 TO 7, OCCASIONALLY GALE 8 AT FIRST IN SOUTH.