Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: making SSP useless in one short step

2007-12-05 15:28:28
John Levine wrote:
From: mike(_at_)mtcc(_dot_)com
Subject: phish is yummy

If you're going to say that this signature qualifies as acceptable for
the above SSP record, then you have created a security hole that renders
SSP utterly useless.

It rather depends on my opinion of hacker.com.  I agree that
signatures from unknown domains are uninteresting, something that's
the same with or without SSP.  But if I have reason to trust
hacker.com, I'm done, I'm not going to check anything else.

  Yes, but that should be outside of the scope of SSP. I think
  we are agreeing though even if it pains both of us :)

                Mike