Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue #1534: Applying SSP to sub-domains does not work

2007-12-18 00:47:19
Jim Fenton wrote:
The idea here is to solve 90%+ of the problem of having to publish LOTS
of SSP records and without increasing the load on DNS significantly.

Right.  At least for some time to come the administrative burden of
having to add an SSP record for every OTHER record would be exorbitant
and error prone even if it had no significant impact on memory or CPU
utilization.  We need some way to avoid that without at the same time
opening massive attack vectors.  At SOME point DNS management systems
could simply replicate a default SSP record when they create domains,
but we are nowhere near that point.  Having a standard to code to would
help...

Eliot