Re: [ietf-dkim] Re: ISSUE 1525 -- Restriction to posting by first Author breaks email semantics

2008-01-29 12:45:30
On Tue, Jan 29, 2008 at 10:41:05AM -0800, Dave Crocker wrote:

Jeff Macdonald wrote:
In any event, "on behalf of" is key wording that permits more flexibility than you seem to be acknowledging. Note, for example, that the agent specified in the Sender field is acting "on behalf of" the author.

Is that agent authorized to work "on behalf of" the author?

Seems so:

  <http://www.bartleby.com/64/C003/0169.html>

I guess I wasn't clear. A Bad Actor can decide to be an agent to work
"on behalf" any other. It doesn't mean he was authorized to do so.

--
:: Jeff Macdonald | Director of Messaging Technologies
:: e-Dialog | jmacdonald(_at_)e-dialog(_dot_)com