RE: [ietf-dkim] Unacceptable

2008-02-12 16:09:27
Jim Fenton mused:

Unacceptable, although I haven't seen a definition for it, gives the
same sense that it's passing judgment on the message, which is
something
that a great many WG participants had a problem with in SSP-01.

*agree*

As I see it, the (informal, colloquial) meaning of "discardable" is "if
the verifier decides to discard un-authenticatable messages, the author
is cool with that."  Words like "unacceptable" or "suspicious," while
probably appropriate to many conversations, would connote a very
different meaning.