[ietf-dkim] New Issue: perpetrate abuse in "overview"

2008-03-13 07:14:11
| The nature and origins of a message are often falsely stated.
| Such misrepresentations may (but not necessarily) be employed
| in order to perpetrate abuse.  DKIM provides a foundation for
| distinguishing legitimate mail, and thus a means of
| associating a verifiable identifier with a message.

To be sure I was forced to check "perpetrate" in a dictionary,
please use simple English, proposal:

| The nature and origins of a message are often falsely stated.
| DKIM offers one way for distinguishing legitimate mail, and
| a means of associating a verifiable identifier with a message.

Of course that is typically "employed to perpetrate (various
kinds of) abuse", and of course DKIM isn't the only game in
town to fight abuse.

 Frank