Re: [ietf-dkim] Are lookalike domains like parent domains?

2008-05-02 05:28:14
John Levine wrote:

Assume, say, one million people who regularly receive valid emails
from their bank (info(_at_)accounts(_dot_)bigbank(_dot_)com). If they
received an
email from info(_at_)mail(_dot_)account(_dot_)bigbank(_dot_)com, how many
of them would
believe the email is really from the bank?

Well, now we have another question -- who's going to be using ADSP,
mail system operators or end users?  It's always been my impression
that the main audience is MTA operators, who will use it in
filtering decisions.

I think I agree with you here. I was just trying to give an example
why BigBank would like to publish ADSP records that cause MTA
operators to treat mails from
info(_at_)mail(_dot_)account(_dot_)bigbank(_dot_)com as
"suspicious" (or something).

Best regards,
Pasi