Re: [ietf-dkim] requirement for one ADSP record per DNS entry is irrelevant

2008-05-27 08:48:30
Eliot Lear wrote:

It's your-representative(_at_)unprotectedhostname(_dot_)bank(_dot_)com -
where
"your-representative" is actually your representative.  We can
and should protect from that.

We can't because it won't work for s/bank.com/co.uk/ and similar
cases, where the parent domain is a different zone.  Read "zone"
where John wrote "tree walk", then it is no mischaracterization.

John tackled this for CSV, I tried to adopt his solution for SPF,
and Wayne tried a normative RFC 2181 chapter 6 reference.  All
failing miserably, the number of levels, one or more, isn't the
issue.

There was a poll about this recently, and while I don't believe
in voting for technical standards (outside of IESG ballots) I do
believe in "closed issue until new arguments are posted".

 Frank