Re: [ietf-dkim] dkim usage examples

2009-02-02 10:30:56
On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 12:26 PM, J.D. Falk
<jdfalk-lists(_at_)cybernothing(_dot_)org> wrote:
Al Iverson wrote:
Not bad questions, but ones that I don't really have answers for. I
could tell you what I *want* out of authentication, but that leads us
to things like *cough* disposition instructions for bad mail and
things like ADSP. Instead of going there, I'd like to learn more about
how what is more or less nearing consensus, and how it is actually
desired to be used by ISPs.

The consensus amongst ISPs is to wait and see what the mail coming in looks
like, and then develop reputation algorithms based on that.

Way too much of the email industry has been waiting for years for someone
else to tell them what to do.  We need more real-world experimentation.

Actually, the senders have been trying to drive toward what they want
out of DKIM (and associated things like ADSP). That has engendered
enough grief that I think it wise to sit back and ask, okay, what
actually is going to fly? Maybe I don't want to bother building a
magic helicopter that will never be allowed to land.

Regards,
Al Iverson

--
Al Iverson on Spam and Deliverability, see http://www.spamresource.com