Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-02-03 01:25:46
On 2/2/09 8:48 PM, Dave CROCKER wrote:

Eliot Lear wrote:
I think perhaps it would help, Dave, if you could step through the
ramifications of your concerns.

I don't understand your question.  What is it about the Introduction
to the Errata that is not sufficiently clear or complete?

You appear to be asking about the ramifications of being
non-interoperable, and I know you don't really mean that.

That's right.  What I mean is this: what is the case that gets you to
non-interoperability?  How is i= used such that it breaks things?  You
write in your introduction:
For DKIM to be interoperable and useful, signer and consumer must
share the same understanding of the details about the name.
and:

The DKIM specification fails to clearly define what is "payload" to be
delivered to a consuming module, versus what is internal and merely in
support of achieving payload delivery.
I know what you're referring to, but I don't see the interoperability
failure.  Where does interpretation of i= lead to something bad
happening/  Clearly you've been working into problems, so please explain
in some additional detail.

Eliot