Re: [ietf-dkim] draft Errata on RFC 4871

2009-02-02 02:36:19

Eliot Lear wrote:
  The
evidence is that the issue was raised, nobody commented on it, and the
matter was closed.  Of course operational experience can provide us with
reasons to change our views, but those were the views at the time, as
recorded by the tracker.

Eliot,

You are seriously trying to pursue this?

1.  The issue was not raised.

     Since you and Jim feel otherwise, you should provide the exact text of
messages to the contrary that show the specific problem and the clear wg
consensus about it.  What you should not do is try to cite Issue numbers that
contain text that has nothing to do with this specific topic, as well as not
showing much consensus.

2.  But, really, all of this misses the point that we have a problem now.

     The problem is now, it is real and it is substantial.

3.  Attempting to invoke a hypothetical about what might have been decided
about
it in the past -- or, rather, what you wish would have been decided about it --
is pretty astonishing.

What matters is consensus about fixing the problem... now.

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking