Re: [ietf-dkim] broken signature is no signature, was NO DKIM "POLICY"

2009-02-21 15:04:42
Well, according what I seen by the GMAIL verifier, it is discarding
mail with invalid signatures.

I sent a message to my gmail account with a broken signature, and
gmail noted the bad signature and delivered it just fine.  Evidently
there's something else wrong with your mail.

prvs=02964ee325=johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com designates 208.31.42.53 as permitted
sender) smtp(_dot_)mail=prvs=02964ee325=johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com;
dkim=hardfail header(_dot_)i=johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com

Anyway, even if a large ISP were mishandling DKIM signatures, that
would be a reason to encourage the ISP to fix their DKIM processing,
not to change the spec.

You've made it abundantly clear that you'd like lots of unenforceable
rules about who can do what to mail you send them.  But that's not
what DKIM does, so please stop.

R's,
John