Re: [ietf-dkim] Consensus call on d=/i= clarification

2009-02-22 22:45:44
I'm not impressed by any of the options, but I think the erratum is
the least bad.

So....

(b) The erratum I-D [1] is the way to go, but needs work.
   (Then specify your changes in "NEW"/"OLD" style.)

OLD:

     ... permitting a person, role or organization that owns the signing
     domain to claim responsibility

NEW:

Either

     ... permitting a signing domain to claim responsibility

or

     ... permitting a person, role or organization that owns the signing
     domain to claim responsibility, either directly or via a proxy to
whom
     they have delegated that authority.

I don't have any strong emotional attachment to this change, and would
be content to be counted as (a) if nobody else considers this change
worthwhile.

Cheers,
   Steve