Re: [ietf-dkim] Consensus call on d=/i= clarification]

2009-02-23 04:16:22
(a) The erratum I-D [1] is ready to go. Process it.
(b) The erratum I-D [1] is the way to go, but needs work.
    (Then specify your changes in "NEW"/"OLD" style.)
(c) Eliot's proposal [2] is ready to go. Process it.
(d) Eliot's proposal [2] is the way to go, but needs work.
    (Then specify your changes in "NEW"/"OLD" style.)
(e) None of the above.

My vote goes to (a): process this erratum.

I'm afraid to say that I feel the discussion is starting to go in
circles and the more time is spent discussing what has already been
discussed and agreed, the more people start joining in the process and
the more they become confused and start splitting hair. Eliot's
proposal, whilst a very good effort, might introduce doubt in the
reader's mind, especially the sentence: "Implementations should not
rely on the presence of this value or its stability" - no stability =
unstable = not good - or at least, that's what I think some readers
will think.

Warm regards,

Olivier

--