Re: [ietf-dkim] ADSP Informative Note on parent domain signing

2009-04-06 20:42:35
Jim Fenton wrote:
There remains some disagreement on whether the "informative note"
contained in the last paragraph of the text I proposed on March 27
should appear in the ADSP draft.  The note said:

Informative Note:  ADSP is incompatible with DKIM signing by parent
domains described in section 3.8 of [RFC4871] in which a signer uses
"i=" to assert that a parent domain is signing for a subdomain.

This would replace the Note in draft-ietf-dkim-ssp-09, section 2.7.

Thus far, I feel it should be included and John Levine and Dave Crocker
feel it shouldn't.  May we have guidance from others in the Working
Group, please?

My input:

Maybe I don't quite see the issues, but I've been doing more testing
later to see how this is all going to fit, and there seems to be a
need to deal with issues for the high potential cases:

1) same primary domain name spaces