Re: [ietf-dkim] chained signatures, was l= summary

2009-06-02 08:09:20
Charles Lindsey:
On Mon, 01 Jun 2009 15:49:28 +0100, Barry Leiba
<barryleiba(_at_)computer(_dot_)org>
wrote:

I think it's a terrible idea to (1) leave signatures in a message
after you break them, (2) add A-R without removing any already there,
or (3) add A-R without a signature covering it.

And I, on the contrary, believe it is a terrible idea EVER to remove a
signature or an A-R header. There is never anything to be gained by
throwing away information that someone more perceptive than yourself might
find useful.

Except, of course, when the bad guys use this to have their bogus
signatures and their bogus A-R headers "laundered" by naive signers.

        Wietse