Re: [ietf-dkim] AOL page on DKIM

2009-12-15 16:08:04
Huh.  We should change that then, it's out of date.

Franck Martin wrote:
http://postmaster.aol.com/Postmaster.DKIM.html

Interesting to see they plan to use i= for reputation. I'm now
starting to see this trend on the big mail providers...

* How are you using DKIM options like i=, d=, or z=?
          o We will use d= to establish the reputation of your domain.
Future plans include using portions of i= as the basis in assessing
reputation for sub-domains.
* What should the signer do to make AOL's use of the signature more
helpful?
          o Use d= as your primary domain. Use i= to separate your
mail into distinct classes of reputation.

Example: Your Bank sends marketing mail and transactional bank statements.

    * d=yourbank.com
    * i=statements.yourbank.com and i=marketing.yourbank.com