Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM errata 1385 (TXT records)

2010-01-28 12:41:31
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org [mailto:ietf-dkim-
bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Tony Hansen
Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2010 7:45 AM
To: Pasi(_dot_)Eronen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com
Cc: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM errata 1385 (TXT records)

+1

Pasi(_dot_)Eronen(_at_)nokia(_dot_)com wrote:
We still have couple of unprocessed errata for RFC 4871 left.
Let's try to handle an easy one first:

http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?eid=1385

To me it looks like Section 3.6.2.2 does already specify the
necessary details:

   Strings in a TXT RR MUST be concatenated together before use with
no
   intervening whitespace.  TXT RRs MUST be unique for a particular
   selector name; that is, if there are multiple records in an RRset,
   the results are undefined.

Thus, the errata appears unnecessary. Unless I hear objections within
a week or so, I'll mark this as "Rejected" (with a note pointing to
Section 3.6.2.2)

+1, and I'm the one that opened the erratum.