Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-29 15:26:55
On 04/29/2010 01:12 PM, SM wrote:
At 11:12 29-04-10, Michael Thomas wrote:
With respect to DKIM, anybody who filters based on broken signatures without
any (or little) other input pretty much deserves the false positive
rate they're
complaining about.

This mailing list removes the DKIM signature of the poster.  An ADSP
policy of "all" means that all mail from the domain is signed with an
Author Domain Signature (d= tag).  As there isn't a valid DKIM
signature, the message can get rejected.

If the ADSP policy is "discardable" and there isn't an Author Domain
Signature, the mail can be discarded, i.e. you don't even want a rejection.

If this mailing list did not remove the DKIM signature, the receivers
would still get an invalid signature as the mailing list modifies the
subject line and adds a footer.  The ADSP policy will be interpreted as above.

Note that I didn't say anything about ADSP in what I wrote. ADSP discardable
is a *lot* of "other input", IMO.

Mike