Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-30 04:38:14

--On 29 April 2010 11:39:52 -0700 "Powers, Jot" <jpowers(_at_)paypal(_dot_)com>
wrote:

What I'd advise is something like put all of your transactional mail
in a subdomain and set it to "discardable", but don't do that to all
your corpro users. There are other ways to go about this, but I'd say
that you're playing with fire lumping all your stuff together as it
appears that you're doing now.

For non-obvious reasons it would be easier to do it the other way.
Make corp come from a subdomain and change the policy there and
keep transactional as paypal.com.

I can think of a few reasons, to do with mail volumes, numbers of
recipients, the value of transactional messages to the business, and the
fact that everything's currently set up right for transactional messages.
Why risk breaking them!

--
Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex