Re: [ietf-dkim] list vs contributor signatures, was Wrong Discussion

2010-04-30 21:11:46
You appear to be asking recipients to distinguish among legit directly
sent paypal transaction mail, legit paypal mail that comes through
known-to-be-real mailing lists, and any other paypal mail that is
presumably illegitimate.

Nope.  I'm suggesting a means for enabling DKIM authenticated mail to
survive transit through a mail list and arrive with the
intent/purpose/value of the original authentication might be for MLM's
to validate incoming mail and DKIM sign their own outbound mail along
with the appropriate A-R data.  That's all.

But you haven't offered any plausible benefit from doing so, other
than to let you mix your two mailstreams.  As I've said about a
bajillion times, we have 40 years of list management history, and this
isn't a problem that anyone has ever needed to solve.  So I'll leave
it there.

R's,
John