Re: [ietf-dkim] what do mailing lists do, was list vs contributor

2010-04-30 21:07:39
We need to be precise about what we mean by "trustworthy".  Even if I
have "some way to identify trustworthy lists" as you put it above, I
have to be very clear about what I'm actually trusting that list to do.

When I sign up for a list, I trust it to send me mail that I am
willing to receive.  Is there any other understanding of mailing
lists that people have?

Did you read the rest of my message?

Yes.  I didn't say anything about doing extra work to try to deal with
mail from senders that mix transactional and individual mail in the
same mailstream, since lists have never done that.

R's,
John

R's,
John