Re: [ietf-dkim] Wrong Discussion - was Why mailing lists should strip DKIM signatures

2010-05-01 09:59:06
On 30/Apr/10 20:22, John Levine wrote:
Is there some long-standing toxic effect of mailing lists other than
that they don't fit the simple identity models used by recently
devised authentication schemes?

The opt-in mechanism, I'd say. There's no standardized way for
subscribers' servers to learn about subscriptions. Monthly reminders
resemble a time-distributed database w.r.t. what could be provided
otherwise. (Not to mention whitelisting.)

--
I set the footer, in order to check whether signatures without "l="
would have a chance to survive, if they weren't stripped: if it ends