[ietf-dkim] New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00 (fwd)

2010-06-21 15:07:41
As threatened, here's an I-D that says how one would publish a list of
domains for which it makes sense to discard unsigned mail.

Since I'm a big fan of running code, you can find such a list at
drop.services.net of domains that (in my opinion at least) sign all their
mail with DK or DKIM, and for whom it makes sense to drop unsigned mail.

R's,
John
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 10:55:49 -0700 (PDT)
From: IETF I-D Submission Tool <idsubmission(_at_)ietf(_dot_)org>
To: standards(_at_)taugh(_dot_)com
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-levine-dbr-00

A new version of I-D, draft-levine-dbr-00.txt has been successfully submitted
by John Levine and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-levine-dbr
Revision:        00
Title:           Discard by Reference
Creation_date:   2010-06-21
WG ID:           Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 7

Abstract:
Domains can authenticate their outgoing mail using DKIM or other
techniques.  In some cases where miscreants frequently use a domain
without authorization in the Author address in e-mail messages, it
may be prudent for recipient mail systems to discard unauthenticated
mail as likely to be fraudulent.  This specification defines an
extension to Vouch by Reference (VBR) that allows a certifier to
identify such domains, and that recipients can use either in
conjunction with or independently of VBR.

The IETF Secretariat.