Re: [ietf-dkim] MLMs and the use of multipart/alternative to preserve original DKIM signature and at the same time add a new DKIM signature

2010-08-09 07:02:13

--On 4 August 2010 15:22:32 +0100 Graham Murray
<graham(_at_)gmurray(_dot_)org(_dot_)uk>
wrote:

Ian Eiloart <iane(_at_)sussex(_dot_)ac(_dot_)uk> writes:

So, in an ideal world, mail clients would expose the List-* headers
(especially the unsubscribe* header) in ways that are useful to the
user,  and obviate the need for MLMs to mess with subject lines and
bodies.

*In my view, MLMs are required in UK law to add unsubscribe information
in  a way that users can easily find it. The List-unsubscribe header
isn't  adequate, only because very few clients display it.

There is not always even the need to expose these to the user. Some mail
clients (such as gnus), when they detect List-* headers add an
unsubscribe menu (and because it is emacs, keyboard) action.

Yes, that's what I meant by 'expose in ways that are useful to the user',
though I should have been more explicit.

Ian Eiloart
IT Services, University of Sussex
01273-873148 x3148