Re: [ietf-dkim] draft-ietf-dkim-mailinglists-02 review

2010-08-31 18:16:42
J.D. Falk wrote:
On Aug 30, 2010, at 11:36 PM, Daniel Black wrote:

ANNEX A - MUA Considerations

Is a draft about mailing lists the right place to make
recommendations to MUA developers?  Seems like those should probably
be in a separate document.

(This is not to say that I disagree with the recommendations
themselves, of course.)

Ideally, we need another "bible" like the classic RFC 1123:

    Requirements for Internet Hosts -- Application and Support
    http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1123.txt

which put it all together for Internet Hosting systems. RFC 1123 was
especially helpful for integrated operations and systems.

Too many documents, too many of one altering or updating the other and
unfortunately sometimes incoherently and inconsistently.

While I personally believe the current documents on the WG table
should be "fixed" to codify the engineering semantics, if that can't
happen (and doubt it will),  a document that puts it all together like
a RFC 1103 for DKIM operations on both the HOST and CLIENT side would
be very valuable.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com