Re: [ietf-dkim] THIS IS A MULTIPLE 5322.FROM MESSAGE

2010-10-11 12:08:04
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Ian Eiloart
Sent: Monday, October 11, 2010 2:36 AM
To: Charles Lindsey; DKIM
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] THIS IS A MULTIPLE 5322.FROM MESSAGE

But it IS a serious protocol endangering problem.

No, I don't think so. The protocols are quite clear. rfc5322 section 3.6
says there must be exactly one From: header. If there are two, then you
don't have a compliant email. Why any software should assign a positive
trust value (like claiming the Author address has been verified) to a
non-compliant email, I don't know. Anyway, this is clearly a problem
with rfc5322 compliance, not with DKIM.

+1

-MSK