Re: [ietf-dkim] detecting header mutations after signing

2010-10-12 08:41:09

Bill(_dot_)Oxley(_at_)cox(_dot_)com wrote:
50% of the spam we see is RFC compliant DKIM signed, DKIM isnt the issue in
your example its the operator and how they determine reputation

Please read what was said.

    No Signature, Double From ---> Trapped/rejected by mipassoc.org
    DKIM signed Double From  ----> Accepted, Resigned by mipassoc.org

If mipassoc.org is going to an "example" of many systems, then we have
a unfortunate problem until current systems are updated to prevent the
DKIM loophole for what is otherwise RFC5322 checking systems.

What it means for most systems that they need to change a model based
on this:

      CHECK DKIM     ---- PASS  --> ACCEPT
      CHECK RFC5322  ---- BAD   --> REJECT
      BREAK