[ietf-dkim] FYI: TXT Record setup resolved by Domain Hosting Provider

2010-10-18 22:01:19
FYI:

Maybe there are lurkers here from Network Solutions reading my recent
posts, but the issue with their web-based DNS Records Manager
inability to allow domain customer to make TXT records without a
sub-domain has been resolved.

It was done by allowing a special sub-domain input:

    "@ (none)"

This allowed the removal of wildcard results and the separation of SPF
records from DKIM TXT sub-domain records!

Our customer using our new DKIM system is happy (the bottom line) and
I'm happy because we were ready to take over their domain name server
hosting.

I think this shows whether or not there were vendor engineers lurking
the DKIM WG and read the post I made, having some insight in the DKIM
4871bis regarding mixed or wildcard TXT responses will preempt issues
for future DNS management developers and help increase DKIM adoption
by small to mid size domains with less pain.

--
Hector Santos, CTO
http://www.santronics.com