Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-02

2010-10-21 20:29:52
Is there a reason why this working group requires that a document
with an intended status of "Draft Standard" should have a normative
reference to a RFC that has been obsoleted?

I can't remember the disposition of this, but I think the problem is that we
want to use ToASCII while no current (i.e. not obsolete) document contains a
definition of it.  I seem to recall one of the other co-authors looking into
it and finding this was acceptable, but I don't recall.  Dave, can you
comment?

I suggest the two places that refer to IDNS say

  Internationalized domain names MUST berepresented as A-labels as
  described in [RFC5891].

That's a current standard, and A-labels are what ToASCII was supposed to
produce.

R's,
John