Re: [ietf-dkim] Comments on draft-ietf-dkim-rfc4871bis-04

2011-03-31 06:14:51

On Mar 30, 2011, at 11:49 PM, Jim Fenton wrote:

    .................  Goodmail  ..............
    .                                         .
    V                                         V
 Client -> Mail -> Transfer -> Service -> Receiver -> Recipient

Goodmail interacted with the creator of the document and, separately,
with the receiving mail service, as an adjunct "back office" service.
To repeat: /It was not in the direct handling path./

DKIM supports that mode of operation quite nicely and it is a
particularly powerful operational mode, so it is worth keeping that
"configuration" in mind explicitly.  Given how persistent this
confusion seems to be it might even be worth more language, though I'm
not coming up with a suggestion, offhand.

This still seems to me to be too specialized a use case to list in the
specification, but would look to WG consensus on which way to go here.

I agree.