Re: [ietf-dkim] Proposal: Removal of AUID (i= tag/value)

2011-04-05 22:18:07
John R. Levine wrote:
So if we keep i= as is in the spec, we can conclude the standard process
and give a meaning of i= outside this spec in another RFC?

No, it's not backward compatible.  My signatures all have a fully
compliant i= value which is not an e-mail address.  (Take a look.)

It appears to be an email address and the mipassoc.org verifier failed
your signature:

        dkim=permerror (verification error: multiple DNS
        replies for `164d0.4d9bcfc5.k1104._domainkey.iecc.com')
        header.i=johnl(_at_)submit(_dot_)iecc(_dot_)com

Silent ponders.....

Should a verifier use the first TXT response for this public key
164d0.4d9bcfc5.k1104._domainkey.iecc.com query?

A verbal signing practice failed Levine's expectation for a non-email
address i= value.  Can that be translated to an automated POLICY based
violation rule?

--
HLS