Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Section 4.3 Hash method Note

2011-04-25 15:44:31
My suggestion:
    INFORMATIVE NOTE: Although rsa-sha256 is strongly encouraged
    and should, in general, be used whenever possible, some
    senders might prefer to use rsa-sha1 when balancing security
    strength against performance, complexity, or other needs.
   Compliant verifiers might not implement rsa-sha1, and they will
   treat such messages as unsigned.

Barry

I meant to, and then forgot to, sign my message in a way that made it
clear that I'm speaking, here, as a participant only.

Barry, as participant