Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Section 4.3 Hash method Note

2011-04-26 05:51:07
On 26/Apr/11 06:19, Hector Santos wrote:
While I agree with your version, if there is anything else to
reconsider it would be the last sentence:

     However, compliant verifiers might not implement rsa-sha1;
     they will treat such messages as unsigned.

That seems to say rsa-sha1 signatures will be ignored independently of
a verifier's capabilities.  Taking into account Mike's note, I'd limit
such behavior to verifiers that (for some reason) cannot do otherwise.

     However, compliant verifiers who have not enabled rsa-sha1
     will treat such messages as unsigned.

may better reflect all paths an implementator may take with this note.

+1, or even better with Murray's original wording

       However, compliant verifiers who do not implement rsa-sha1
       will treat such messages as unsigned.