Re: [ietf-dkim] FYI: Curious IPR from Yahoo! to DKIM

2011-04-27 08:46:26
I'm puzzled by this message

http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ipr-announce/current/msg00447.html

Its date is Tue, 26 Apr 2011 09:01:41 -0700 (PDT), and it talks about
a submission on 2011-04-10.  However, the given datatracker URL
(1530) results in a 404 Not Found error, and the mentioned draft-
ietf-dkim-base-11 doesn't seem to exist (RFC 4871 appears right after
version -10).  What the heck do they do?

Yesterday, an unauthorized IPR statement was issued in update of #693
(the one on the DKIM base -00 draft), supposedly against a
non-existent version of the old, pre-RFC draft.  As soon as I saw it,
I contacted Andy Chen, the contact point in the true IPR statement,
who confirmed that it was unauthorized.  The bogus one was removed
shortly after it was issued.

The most recent IPR seems thus to be `920' of January 2008

That is correct.  I've been communicating with Andy for a short while
before this, asking them to review 4871bis to see if their IPR
statement applies to it as well.  If they determine that it does, he
will update #920 accordingly, and you'll see that announced then.

Barry, as chair