Re: [ietf-dkim] Issue: Operations Note in 6.4 redundant and should be removed

2011-04-29 09:34:23
On Friday, April 29, 2011 09:22:15 AM Hector Santos wrote:
I think the rev8 version of section 6.5 is much better, but I have a
change proposal with the background reasoning listed below it:

I've had no time recently, so I've been attempting to avoid looking at last
call messages since I didn't have time to follow it closely.  In this case I
failed....

Looking at 6.5, and then looking back at 6.4 (Determine the Header Fields to
Sign), it seems to me that the "INFORMATIVE OPERATIONS NOTE" in 6.4 attempts
to describe the considerations that are normatively described in 6.5.  It's
redundant and ought to be deleted.  Given what's in 6.5 now, it's just a
potential source of confusion.

Scott K