Re: [ietf-dkim] MLM and C14N

2011-05-15 11:31:49
-----Original Message-----
From: Hector Santos [mailto:hsantos(_at_)isdg(_dot_)net]
Sent: Sunday, May 15, 2011 9:25 AM
To: Murray S. Kucherawy
Cc: DKIM List
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] MLM and C14N

This is a software problem,

You mean the MLM who is ignorant of DKIM meta data for the past "40
years?"

Yes, that's what I mean.

not something that needs to be solved by creating a protocol
extension.

Isn't that what you are doing in this MLM I-D, creating a DKIM
"protocol extension" for MLMs?

No, that's not what that document does.

Creating a new canonicalization is a protocol extension.  It creates a slippery
slope wherein we are constantly creating or adjusting canonicalization
algorithm(s) to deal with new cases we find and want to accommodate.  It's a
bad idea.