Re: [ietf-dkim] Certifying the DKIM public key?

2011-05-22 12:48:46
VBR queries are about an actor, not a message.

Certs can be coupled to a particular message -- this was an interesting
semantic distinction about Goodmail's certification scheme -- although I
believe that typically they, too, are only scoped to the actor, not the
specific content.

Now I'm really confused.  If the third party knows enough about each
message to decide whether to provide the cert, why don't they just add
their own DKIM signature?

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",