Re: [ietf-dkim] Certifying the DKIM public key?

2011-05-22 13:05:32
But this is exactly what DKIM is. You prove yourself fsvo "prove"
to the registrar who "certifies" you by virtue of placing your NS
records in the root servers instead of issuing a cert.

Registrars, as we all know, rarely check any credential beyond the
confirmation code from the credit card charge.  The thought here is to
provide assertions more relevant to managing e-mail.

I'm still not seeing what a cert provides that couldn't be handled by VBR
or another DKIM signature by the certifier.

Regards,
John Levine, johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet
for Dummies",