Re: [ietf-dkim] MLMs and signatures again

2011-05-26 22:45:07
On Thursday, May 26, 2011 11:00:04 PM Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
-----Original Message-----
From: ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
[mailto:ietf-dkim-bounces(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org] On Behalf Of Scott
Kitterman
Sent: Thursday, May 26, 2011 5:36 PM
To: ietf-dkim(_at_)mipassoc(_dot_)org
Subject: Re: [ietf-dkim] MLMs and signatures again

My experience is it varies a lot by domain.  Some domains are phishing
targets and some aren't.  If it's not a phishing target DKIM doesn't
matter much either way.  If it is, then if they can manage to sign all
their outbound mail signed/not signed gets to be useful.  So I don't
think looking at global status is a very useful basis for deciding the
question.

So you'd rather I run this on some signing domains that aren't obvious
phish targets?  I can do that.  If you have a few you think might be
interesting, send me the names; if not, I can see if I can come up with
some just based on the numbers.

And I can constrain it to a specific reporting site (e.g., my own) instead
of all reporters if you think that gives a more interesting view.

I was thinking the opposite.  Look at phish targets that sign pretty reliably.
I'll contact you offlist with some ideas on which.

Scott K