Re: [ietf-dkim] New canonicalizations

2011-05-29 21:52:08
Alessandro Vesely wrote:
On 27/May/11 19:16, Murray S. Kucherawy wrote:
I'm all for including experimental code in future releases of our
stuff, especially if it's an experiment other implementations are
trying.  But I need to see a spec first, or enough detail that I
could write one.

For the body, I brought some ideas[1].  For MIME header fields,
punctuation and boundaries need to be omitted as well.  For other
header fields, including the DKIM-Signature, it is probably enough to
remove just any white space.
[1] http://mipassoc.org/pipermail/ietf-dkim/2011q2/016692.html

IMHO, the "hard parts" of the code are (i) selecting a MIME parser,
and (ii) finding a good way to structure experimental C14Ns and handle
double (triple?) signatures in the existing code.

Hi Alessandro,

Can you come up with a before and after example?  An example showing a
snippet of what would be the original MIME message text and what would
be final stripping down C14N version?

--
HLS