[ietf-dkim] Timeouts retrieving keys from ietf.org

2013-09-15 13:47:41
Slightly off-topic for this list, but the dkim-ops mailing list seems to
be dormant...

I'm getting a fair number of DKIM key lookup failures from ietf.org.  I
have run into this on two different mail servers with independent
resolver configurations, so I'm inclined to think the problem is not on
my end:

Sep  7 12:58:19 v2 opendkim[1019]: r87JwCmq008446: key retrieval failed
(s=ietf1, d=ietf.org): timeout DNS query for `ietf1._domainkey.ietf.org'

If anyone else is seeing this, let me know and I'll report it.  My
theory is that their DNS servers are struggling to respond to many key
requests after sending out signed messages to large mailing lists. The
TTL is 30 minutes, which may be too short.

-Jim