Re: [ietf-dkim] Fwd: [Lurk] Another outside the "box" use case: DKIM

2016-04-21 12:39:56
On 4/21/2016 10:30 AM, Jon Callas wrote:
Most of all, we planned for similar uses. Not CDNs in particular, but the
reason DKIM talks about the "administrative domain" (Dave's term) is because
we knew that CDNs and other people (heck, like outsourced email senders)
would need to be able to have the ability to do whatever.

Completely ancillary notational trivia:

    The term 'administrative domain' is in the Email Architecture spec,
RFC 5598.  I used it there, with some irony, after its previous use for
the OSI/CCITT X.400 specifications.

They used the term (Administrative management domain) to refer to the
public carriers, as distinct from the local enterprises.  In the
Internet's architecture, such distinctions are operational, not
architectural.  Architecturally, all domains are equal...

d/

--

   Dave Crocker
   Brandenburg InternetWorking