Re: [ietf-dkim] DKIM and EAI

2018-02-09 16:59:05
On Friday, February 09, 2018 05:02:00 PM John R. Levine wrote:
If I may once again change the topic for a moment ...

    https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-levine-appsarea-eaiauth/

I pushed out a new version that says something about SPF macros,
attempting to say that if you try to expand a UTF-8 local part, it doesn't
match anything.  I figure this is consistent with what would happen if
your local part was something like foo..bar which won't match anything
either.

I would appreciate if people would take a look and see if anything seems
obviously wrong.  I'm doing some EAI whitepapery things for ICANN and it
would be nice if, for a change, the advice they offer matches reality.

Thanks.  I think that's a reasonable resolution of the SPF macro issue that I
raised.  Not ideal, in theory, but plenty good enough for the corner case it
is.

Does this need to update RFC 7208 since there are SPF related MUST
requirements?

Scott K