Anonymous signed mail

2004-08-18 12:51:42

I was going through the slides presented at IETF-60.  One of the goals
listed there was: "Preserve Anonymity if requested by the sender"

I had some questions regarding this:
        * Won't allowing anonymous mails defeat the anti-spam quality of MASS?
        * What does it mean to have a "signed" anonymous mail? MTA authenticates
          that it is sent by an anonymous sender? or MTA authenticates that it
is
          sent from a valid email address, it is just that sender does not want
the
          identity to be revealed to the end recepient, the MTA is aware of the
sender
          identity?

May be this issue was discussed at IETF-60 meeting. Since I came in late,
and was not discussed while I was there, it will be great if someone could
answer
these questions.

Thanks,
Atul