Re: A large scale domain keys test

2004-10-17 00:29:03

--- John Levine <johnl(_at_)iecc(_dot_)com> wrote:

Google's gmail has started putting domain keys signatures on all of
its outgoing mail.

A fantastic effort that can only help us gain a practical understanding of many
of the issues at hand.

For our part we are definitely working hard to both sign and verify with
per-domain statistical analysis by the end of this quarter. At that point, our
ability, as perhaps the largest sink of email traffic world-wide, should afford
some pretty meaningful data.

Being a pragmatist at heart, I strongly urge others on this list to conduct
similar experiments and trials in their own space, so that we can dispense with
the speculation that seems to surround much of the discussions on this list.

IOW, design by speculation strikes me as sub-optimal.

Mark.