Re: the meaning of a mailsig signature

2004-11-05 19:00:02

Dave Crocker writes:
 4.  What is the intended lifetime for a singature?  For how
 long is it supposed to be valid?

For how many decades after initial delivery?

This strikes me as similar question as "how long should a
Kerberos ticket last?" Which is... completely dependent on
the local policy of the thing issuing the ticket. Mail
signatures do not strike as entirely different; they last as
long as the sender wishes them to last and no longer. I hope
that you're not suggesting that we need to pick some
arbitarary horizon here as that sounds like a good way to a
deep and unnecessary rathole.

         Mike