RE: mailing list software, was What does the mailsig mechanismmean?

2004-11-03 16:57:15

David Woodhouse writes:
Tony already pointed out that trying to identify a single 'most recent
sender' isn't sufficient. I assume that our algorithm will therefore be
necessarily different to that used for PRA, although I haven't studied
the PRA proposal closely due to its more obvious flaws, and I haven't
studied the patent due to repeated advice that engineers should not do
such things.

Note that I'm not advocating any such thing. My position is
that we should be trying From, Sender and all that
implies...  which is not PRA (disclaim: ianal). My
interpretation of what Dave Crocker is advocating is
something that resembles the PRA -- at least as far as I can
tell -- which is why I asked if it would touch that tar
ball.

            Mike